Thursday, February 9

What???

I have been reading this book, it is called "Yes, your parents are crazy! A teen survival guide" It is not just about dealing with parents. It's about pretty much every problem and difficulty and change that comes with being a teen. It is very good, I highly recommend it. I actually wish I had had it about 2-3 years ago, I think I might have gotten through the past few years with less scars. Oh well, I still have time to heal.

I am getting off subject though. One of the sections in the book (yes, your parents are crazy) is about sexual orientation... Hmm... how do I start this. Well, personally, I think there is nothing wrong with gay (when I say "gay" I mean lesbian, gay or bisexual) people. They were born that way, there is nothing they can do about it. And why would someone "choose" to be gay when they are so heavily persecuted? Besides, I can't just wake up tomorrow and say, "hey, I've decided that I want to be a lesbian!" it doesn't work that way. I am how I am and I couldn't change it even if I wanted to.

In the book there is a story about this kid who was leaving a school dance when he was grabbed, had a pillowcase pulled over his head and then all these people started kicking him. He was eventually knocked out. When he woke up he was in a different place, tied up, with the pillowcase still over his head. He heard people and then someone came and shoved a gun against his head, saying something like: you're a fag so we're gonna kill you. The guy pulled the trigger. For whatever reason nothing happened, perhaps the gun was fake or broken. The point is that people are BEATEN and KILLED just because they have a different sexual orientation than the majority of people. Is that messed up or WHAT??

I used to sort of think that being gay was wrong, just because it seemed like everyone around me thought it was wrong. Then I started to realise that that was NOT what I believed.

The wierd thing is that during our Anatomy and Physiology class we somehow got onto the subject of gays. No one was saying anything really horrible about them, but they were subtly saying that they thought there was something wrong with them. (besides I already know from past conversations that these particular people do NOT think being gay is ok) I was not saying anything because I have found that my best option on these occasions is to keep my mouth shut, otherwise I tend to get angry) and V of course noticed, because she notices this sort of thing and she asked if their conversation was bothering me. No, not really (excuse me... liar!) but I didn't have a problem with them, I didn't think they had a choice and I certainly didn't think there was anything wrong with them.

This of course sparked a religious discussion. I found out that at V's church a gay would probably not be accepted. They would be turned aside. The pastor would talk to the person and say, "well, you can accept Christ as your savior, but as long as you are gay it doesn't matter what you do; you're going to Hell". Basically V was saying that God loves everyone, Christ loves everyone, but it doesn't matter how good you are, how kind you are, how much you love christ, if you are gay you can expect to spend eternity burning in the fires of Hell.

This really bothers me. It doesn't make sense. It just doesn't make sense to me. How can God love everyone yet send some of them to eternal pain and suffering in Hell??

V tried to compare God to parents. She said that sometimes parents get mad at you, but they still love you. I asked, "Do they send you to Hell when they get mad at you?". Unfortunately she didn't have an answer for that one. And unfortunately our teacher came in and cut off our conversation.

Now, my head is kind of messed up right now since my brain is currently being "wired" so I can't really put into words my thoughts about this.

But I know for myself that it doesn't make sense for Hell to exist. And if it did exist it doesn't make sense that a God who loved everyone would send anyone to Hell. It also makes no sense that God would send people to eternal suffering just because they liked people of the same sex. To me this is just plain WRONG.

What is so "wrong" with being gay?? It doesn't harm anyone. Why do so many have a problem with it?

What I would like to ask V is, "What if I told you I was gay? and what if it was true? Would you hate me forever? Would you persecute me and tell cruel jokes about me behind my back? Would you hate someone who you called your friend just because she was brave enough to come out and tell you she was gay?"

I just don't understand.

24 Comments:

At Thursday, February 09, 2006 9:35:00 PM, Blogger Nature's Daughter said...

yes, i know it's long. But I really want your opinions!

-rochwen-

 
At Thursday, February 09, 2006 9:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that book! I love it!
and i totally get where you're coming from. it makes no sense, and i know who ur talking about and that was a good comeback from you, nice.
The Bible tells us God created humans. And he does everything for a reason. Why should ministers and pastors and preachers tell them the they are going to Hell if God lets the child be born homosexual? HMM?
And just out of curiousity, does it seem to you that there are more homosexuals out in the world then there used to be? And more Bi? It seems that way to me. J/W. l0l.


HUGS AND KISSES

 
At Friday, February 10, 2006 10:13:00 PM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

there aren't more, it's just that more are being realized in this time period. i dunno why though

 
At Friday, February 10, 2006 10:27:00 PM, Blogger Ruthie said...

they're being selected out and persecuted, thats why. like the salem witch trials. I once heard a quote : "Fear is the main source for all cruelty" and I think that explains it.

and about the church thing, I was brought up as a christian and will remain one my entire life; and I was taught that god loves each and every one of us. even gay people. being gay isn't a sinl you were born with it and probably will never change; and thats fine. you shouldn't be treated any different. I read somewhere, too that only a small percentage of churches in the US are teaching kids the right interpretation of the bible and of god.

because I know that the bible does not say anything about condemning people to hell just cuz they're gay.

and one more thing: the people who turn ppls away just cuz they're gay are not christians; the bible says to "love thy neighbor and thy enemies" in other words; everyone, good or bad. and condemning ppl just because thy're gay is not showing a good example of that. its like walking around telling everyone that you can only be christian if you're straight.


*sighs*

people are so biased these days.

 
At Saturday, February 11, 2006 1:54:00 PM, Blogger Dryad said...

Yes! I can finally comment! (Lol, every one is probably groaning)


Ok!

The Bible says that Woman was created for MAN. I honestly think that this is the reason why people are sexist. I honestly do. I don't think the 'sexist drunks' think that because i doubt they're christian and if they are they aren't REALLY christian, theyr'e just praying every night because they drink. Anyway. I think that people's sexist ideas created and came from the bible and the modern day sexist idea (lol, i talk too much) came from the old sexist idea. Did that make any sense?


This also created the idea that Gay is wrong.


(This really bothers me. I'll quote this later. It says the Woman must be submissive to her Husband. In the Bible. Is that RIGHT????)


I never heard of the Bible saying Gay was wrong. I've only heard fairly GOOD THINGS from the Bible. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ETC LOL.
This is obviously a healthy influence but...


and i have to go so i'll comment later...



...~Insanity~...

 
At Saturday, February 11, 2006 3:36:00 PM, Blogger Nature's Daughter said...

i have to say that seeing as the bible was written by men we cannot rely on it completely; if at all. even men who mean well are going to put things in like that. if the bible were written by women, maybe it would say that men were created for women! I think it is ridiculous to rely completely on a book that was written BY humans.

 
At Sunday, February 12, 2006 12:54:00 AM, Blogger Ruthie said...

through god nonetheless.

 
At Sunday, February 12, 2006 9:53:00 AM, Blogger Nature's Daughter said...

according to whom???? the PEOPLE WHO WROTE IT!!!! if I wrote a book and said that God had told me to, would you believe everything I wrote without a doubt???

 
At Sunday, February 12, 2006 2:35:00 PM, Blogger Ruthie said...

I dunno. I'll think about it when my brain's turned on.

 
At Sunday, February 12, 2006 10:20:00 PM, Blogger Esperanza Rising said...

I think ppl take the bible to literaly.

And i think that being gay is not wrong, and that it's natural, and i wish that everyone could accept that.

I don't know whether or not I'm a christian. anyway, i wish i was. but i have a huge problem with hell because yea, if god loves everyone equally, why does he not love the ppl who dont love him? He should still love them, right? He only likes the people who like him?

yeah, that really bugs me.

i dont get it.

and i dont get the big issue ppl have with gay ppl. The problem is, it is no longer socially acceptable (in most circles) to be racist, but being a gay-basher is a lot more accepted.

and that sucks, my friends.

 
At Sunday, February 12, 2006 10:20:00 PM, Blogger Esperanza Rising said...

and i did not mean that to be a play on words at all. seriously.

 
At Monday, February 13, 2006 6:43:00 PM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

yeah.
How does god..........even exist?
Have you any proof?

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:32:00 AM, Blogger Dryad said...

GOD DOESN'T SEND PEOPLE TO HELL.

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:32:00 AM, Blogger Dryad said...

brb

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:32:00 AM, Blogger Dryad said...

the priests and whoever do

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 5:30:00 PM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

you think priests send you to hell?
where is hell?

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 8:44:00 PM, Blogger Nature's Daughter said...

there is not flipping hell!!! priests made it up so that they could gain complete control over people! AND IT FREAKING WORKED!!!!

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 10:14:00 PM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

um, yeah it did!
i don't believe in god.
but then again im not christian.
my family has a religion
bu im just a little heathen ;)

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 10:20:00 PM, Blogger Ruthie said...

huh. well. you can't see air but you know its real, right? I can't see God but I know he's real.


same logic.

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 10:41:00 PM, Blogger Nature's Daughter said...

umm... i breathe air though... do you breathe god??

 
At Friday, February 17, 2006 11:25:00 AM, Blogger Dryad said...

There are just things that I can't trust... And air has been scientifically proven while god is of faith.


I think that people just took the Bible too literally. "Virgin Birth" "Son of God" could mean that he was so spiritual and open to things that he was like a human god. Virgin birth was a kind of idea that wasn't an ACTUAL virgin birth... just... stuff like that... And with the bible being translated from language to language, it gets translated in teh way the person understood it and they wrote it that way. HOpe that made sense.

 
At Friday, February 17, 2006 6:37:00 PM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

lol, we were saying today that mary was cheating on joseph with god. LOL

hope you didn't get offeneded by that. sorry.

 
At Sunday, February 19, 2006 8:22:00 PM, Blogger Dryad said...

lol!

 
At Monday, February 20, 2006 6:48:00 PM, Blogger Ruthie said...

right. no, wrong.

oh lordy lordy lordy I do believe I......nvm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home