Wednesday, May 11

The Count of Monte Cristo

"... Put two sheep in the slaughter-house or two oxen in the abattoir and let one of them realize that his companion will not die, and the sheep will bleat with joy, the ox will low with pleasure.But man, man whom God made in His image, man to whom God gave this first, this sole, this supreme law, that he should love his neighbour, man to whom God gave voice to express his thoughts-what is man's first cry when he learns that his neighbour is saved? A currse. All honour to man, the masterpiece of nature, the lord of creation!"
Am I the only one who thinks there is a very good point being made right here? Probably not, but I would like to say WHAT IS WRONG WITH US?????? This quote is so true and it makes me sick. Which also brings me to the question: Why do we value human life above that of any other animal? All animals are alive, as far as I can tell they all contain the same amount of life as any other animal and yet we think nothing of stepping on an ant or hitting a raccoon in the road. If you were to hit a person you would face charges for manslaughter, but if you hit a possum it lies in the road until it rots into nothingness. It seems to me that there is something wrong with that.
Besides that, humans are the least beneficial creatures on this whole planet. We cut down rainforests, kill of whole animal species, drive animals out of their homes so that we can build our own homes, fill the air with smoke and gas and contaminate the water with oil and garbage. I don't even understand why we are here, we should be blown up! I know that is morbid, violent and stuff, but what's even more morbid is that we, the most powerful being on this planet are using that power to destroy the Earth. It needs to stop.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:55:00 PM, Blogger Polenta said...

YAH, SISTER!!!!!!! I SO GET YOU!!! ANIMAL LIFE SHOULD HAVE EAQUAL RIGHTS AS TO HUMANS!!! I LOVE THE QUOTE! IS IT FROM TCOMC? IF IT IS, I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THERE YET BUT I'M LISTENING DILIGENTLY!!! BUT, AWESOME OF YOU TO WRITE THAT!

golly! o thnk heav'n!!

 
At Thursday, May 12, 2005 10:04:00 AM, Blogger Nature's Daughter said...

Thank you!!! I'm not alone!!!! Yah, it's from the Count of Monte Cristo. STUPID HUMANS!!!!!!!!

your annoyed maiden of horses

 
At Thursday, May 19, 2005 9:27:00 PM, Blogger tay said...

who's being preachy now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home