Monday, May 23

For All You Fantasy Lovers...

Oh my gosh you guys!! I just read a really, really, really good book!! It's called Dragon Rider, by Cornelia Funke. It is based in the real world but there are talking rats (they are really smart and funny), Brownies (midget sized human-cat beings who LOVE mushrooms and like to argue a lot), Dragons (!!! what else can I say?? the dragons are awsome!!!), humans (most of which are bad and don't even believe in all these mythical creatures and are just taking over the world, but there are a few good ones), elves (who are fairy sized and cause lots of trouble), mountain dwarves (short, fat, with big funny hats) and, my personal favorite, Twigleg the homunclulus (he is fairy sized, very thin, a betrayer, and man made!). I am not going to tell you anything about the story because I would probably betray the ending. You really must read it though because it is soooooo good!

6 Comments:

At Monday, May 23, 2005 9:10:00 PM, Blogger tay said...

Sounds cool. =)

 
At Monday, May 23, 2005 11:29:00 PM, Blogger Polenta said...

idk, the real world? i like my fantasy to be set in mythical places with unknown mountains and newly-discovered lakes. it's just makes it more interesting to me that way.

 
At Tuesday, May 24, 2005 8:22:00 AM, Blogger Nature's Daughter said...

Gray Bean,
That book sounds awsome too!! I am deffinently going to read any books I can find by her. She also wrote "Thief Lord" which I am hopefully going to read soon...

Grace,
I know what you mean about things being in the real world but this book is deffinently worth reading.

your joyful maiden of horses

 
At Tuesday, May 24, 2005 8:53:00 PM, Blogger Nature's Daughter said...

Spare time??? What is that?? I've never heard of that, much less had any of it! lol

your joyful maiden of horses

 
At Wednesday, May 25, 2005 6:08:00 PM, Blogger Sauron's Kid said...

fantasy....hmmm...do i like fantasy.....hmmm....lemme think about this....

your humble servant of doom

 
At Sunday, June 12, 2005 6:24:00 PM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

Cornelia Funke is THE BEST WRITER. well actually one of the best writers.

By the way inkheart and the thief lord are THE ABSOLUTE TWO BEST BOOKS EVER. well actually two of the many absolute best books ever :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home