Wednesday, August 10

Japanes Punishment and Crazy Horses

dang I'm sore today!! it's terrible, it doesn't matter how i move, something always hurts! here is my theory as to why this is:

Peggy is in Alaska with her husband for 3 weeks, taking a well deserved vacation. she has left me in charge of her horse, Ulie. so yesterday i went to the barn at 10 so i would have time to ride Avalon and Ulie. I hadn't ridden Avalon since Sunday, but i figured he would be ok. i was wrong. not only did he have a trillion trillion time more energy than he should he was also very upset that he was out working by himself while his friends placidly sat in their stalls munching hay.

he nearly ran away with me about 5 times and i had my hands full keeping him from running away. (explaining part of the soreness in my arms) so i finally said, "screw this!", and i took him to the round pen. "Now look what you've gotten yourself into, Avalon." i told him sternly. "you are going to trot around and around in the deep sand until you are soooo tired... and then you're going to go some more." so we trotted around and around until dust hung in the air like fog.

when he was properly tired i opened the narrow gate out of the round pen. as we walked out i could see it coming, but not fast enough. my foot caught in the nice little X in the gate. "dang," i thought, "my leg is going to break! it would just figure that this would happen on the day when i told my mom it was ridiculous that she thought i needed to be supervised while riding" it didn't break, but my stirrup got pulled off my saddle and i got pulled off my horse. Avalon being the gentleman he is just stopped and stood there... NOT!!! Avalon cantered happily down to the barn and i was left to limp down after him. (this explains why my leg is sore)

i caught Avalon and took him back up, closing BOTH gates behind me. then we cantered quite nicely.

once i had had my lunch i tacked up Ulie. Ulie is an awesome horse, she can do some amazing stuff, but she can also be really mean, really wicked... Satan herself in disguise. (yes, satan is a she, lol) actually so far she has been extremely nice to me. she lets me pet her and catch her without trying to bite me! she only tries to bite or kick me when i brush and tack her up, it's quite amazing.

riding her is so much because she'll trot slow and tiny or fast and huge, she can turn sharply or arch her neck and prance. I love riding her! but she is a marathon horse and loves to run, so i had quite a bit of trouble keeping her slow (explaining more of the soreness in my arms)

well, it being Tuesday i had Aikido. for some reason i thought it would only take me 15 minutes to get to class..... once again..... i was wrong. and i was late to class. really, it wouldn't be that bad if they scolded you for being late, but no, they are not kind. instead they kept right on going with warm up and one of them (a nice, funny man with long, gray hair) came over to me and whispered, "so sorry you're late". so was i. i bowed, paying my respect to the dojo and then went to do my 10 push-ups. not wimpy push-ups, real push-ups. (explaining why my arms really and truly hurt)

despite the strictness and seriousness of Aikido i really like it (even though I've only done 2 classes). i love the rolls. you just sort of dive at the ground, but roll instead of hitting it. (i also enjoy throwing people, he he he) everyone said i was doing really good. i was really quite flattered, but i get so confused, i'm the only beginner in the class and i fine it very confusing. i suppose i'm doing alright though. i'm also the only girl, there is one guy my age though.

anyhow, enough of pitying myself and whining. think of the muscles i'll have! (and the bruises)

18 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 10, 2005 9:01:00 PM, Blogger Dryad said...

YOU ONLY HAVE TO DO 10 PUSH UPS FOR BEING LATE? WE HAVE TO DO 25 FOR BEING LATE, 10-50 AFTER CLASS AND 10 AFTER EVERY EXERCISE THINGY! Only good thing about karate is that you kick people...

 
At Wednesday, August 10, 2005 9:01:00 PM, Blogger Dryad said...

listen! wanna take iaido?

 
At Wednesday, August 10, 2005 10:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, where do you take from? i just got my yellow stripes for taekwon-do and i really like martial arts. i want to explore them more.

 
At Wednesday, August 10, 2005 10:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and yes. i am just to lazy to sign in but this is that one grace that you know

 
At Wednesday, August 10, 2005 11:11:00 PM, Blogger Dryad said...

yes. well, i dont need to tell you because we were both jsut on RS and i told you then.


i was under the impression you didnt take advice from people younger than yourself....

 
At Thursday, August 11, 2005 12:41:00 PM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

hahaha! tal, how old are you?

 
At Thursday, August 11, 2005 3:31:00 PM, Blogger Dryad said...

older than you, younger than grace

 
At Thursday, August 11, 2005 3:32:00 PM, Blogger Dryad said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Thursday, August 11, 2005 5:45:00 PM, Blogger Dryad said...

oops, anyway, i am in the middle of your ages

 
At Thursday, August 11, 2005 11:06:00 PM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

okay....you're thirteen, eh?

 
At Friday, August 12, 2005 9:50:00 AM, Blogger Dryad said...

maybe, maybe not.


ever heard of 13/4?

 
At Friday, August 12, 2005 1:11:00 PM, Blogger Nature's Daughter said...

are you asking where i take aikido? if you are i take it at the saint james club from Joe Gomez. classes are on tuesday and thursday from 6-7 and come early! so you don't have to do push-ups!

tal, do they make you do the real push-ups? not the ones on your knees and with your nose all the way to the mat? if so... that's harsh.

 
At Friday, August 12, 2005 1:46:00 PM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

13/4? do you mean 13 3/4 ?

 
At Friday, August 12, 2005 3:33:00 PM, Blogger Dryad said...

no, no, i mean 13/4

 
At Saturday, August 13, 2005 1:07:00 PM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

ok..... 13/4 = 3 1/4.... You're 3 1/4 years old? =) do you mean like month, year, or year month or 13 - 14?

 
At Saturday, August 13, 2005 6:01:00 PM, Blogger Dryad said...

NO! I mean 13/4! GOSH! If you can't figure it out you don't need to know!

lol, I'm sorry. Yes, i meant to say 13/4. that is my age. dont believe me? your problem.

 
At Saturday, August 13, 2005 6:25:00 PM, Blogger fiddlin' fool said...

13/4 what kind of age is that???????

 
At Saturday, August 13, 2005 10:51:00 PM, Blogger Dryad said...

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU PEOPLE? IT IS MY AGE! lol GOSH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home