Thursday, July 7

... My Heart!! "There Goes Another One, There goes..."

i don't think my heart can take much more of this. neither can Peggy's. if one more exciting/frightening thing happens to me again i will have a heart attack.

this is what happened:

i was at the barn, cleaning stalls. Bill and Avalon were out in the field. the field which has gates leading to the extremely, insanely busy road. Peggy was pulling the horse trailer in and Greenie was opening and closing the gates. Well Bill and Avalon slipped past the trailer and through the gates.

when i saw them my heart started beating so fast and i couldn't seem to get air in my lungs. I had had a dream once about Lady Astor and Lady Bug going out into the road and i couldn't get them back in, i woke up from that with my heart beating and i couldn't get back to sleep for a long time.

i was so scared when i saw them go. i've never been that scared. EVER. not when i thought i was going to be killed in the War Wagon, not when i thought i was going to be murdered in my home, not when i was rapelling down a 60' tower, not even when i thought i was going to drown in my neighbors pool. NEVER.

i grabbed a halter and i ran for the street. Greenie was standing in the road stopping traffic. thank the Potu they hadn't gotten hit. i think i would have killed myself had Avalon died. i would have felt terrible. told myself that if only i hadn't gone to the library and gotten those movies i might have gotten to the barn early enough to get the stalls done and have Avalon and Bill in their stalls before Peggy ever brought that fateful horse trailer through that gate.

fortunately there is nothing of much interest to a horse across the street. just parking lots and appartment buildings. Peggy chased them back.

I didn't stop shaking and my heart didn't stop racing for 15 minutes.

I love you Avalon

9 Comments:

At Friday, July 08, 2005 11:10:00 AM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

He/She says it's an excellent website!At least I'm guessing that's what he/she said... I agree! Rochwen that must have been soooo scary. *shudder* .. I love your writing style, I could feel every single thing that was happening - I was inside it!


you rock roch!

 
At Friday, July 08, 2005 8:31:00 PM, Blogger Nature's Daughter said...

lol, thanks! yes, i'm pretty sure fher was complementing me. in spanish. i'm glad you like the way i write. i'll keep it up! and yes, it was fricking scary!

jeune fille de chevals

 
At Friday, July 08, 2005 10:10:00 PM, Blogger tay said...

omg roch stop giving us all heart attacks!

 
At Saturday, July 09, 2005 9:27:00 AM, Blogger Nature's Daughter said...

sorry, i'll try not to. these things just keep happening!!!

jeune fille de chevals

 
At Saturday, July 09, 2005 5:36:00 PM, Blogger Esperanza Rising said...

lol. i know how you feel. my dad used to run with roxy down river road, with NO LEASH! actually, before you all freak out, he used to be able to control her pretty well, but it scared me sooo bad every time...omg, a couple times i went with them...it was SO scary...because you all know, my dog is the love of my life...

chica bonita

 
At Sunday, July 10, 2005 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Nature's Daughter said...

yah, i know what you mean. out there in the city. no leash, dog could run away, get hit.... it's horrible just to think about...

jeune fille de chevals

 
At Sunday, July 10, 2005 5:15:00 PM, Blogger fiddlin' fool said...

River road!!!!!! What was he thinking????? That's what I want to know!!!!!!! River road!!!!!!!!

 
At Sunday, July 10, 2005 10:32:00 PM, Blogger Polenta said...

woah!! sooooo scary!!! omg, that freaked me out! terrible stuff happnin at the barn, eh??

 
At Monday, July 11, 2005 8:23:00 PM, Blogger Nature's Daughter said...

yah, life is exciting! that's how i like it!! although if too much exciting stuff happens i will have a heart attack. but nothing has happened recently... so i think it's about time for something to happen.... AMELIA!!!!!! STOP SWINGING THAT WHIP NEAR AVALON'S HEAD!!! YOU KNOW HOW CRAZY HE GETS WHEN PEOPLE SWING WHIPS..... AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *THUD*

jeune fille de chevals

 

Post a Comment

<< Home