Thursday, March 9

Some Words of Wisdom from John Lennon

"Ninety per cent of the people on this planet, especially in the West, were born out of a bottle of whisky on a Saturday night, and there was no intent to have children. Ninetly per cent of us were accidents - I don't know anybody who has planned a child. All of us were Saturday-night specials."
* * *
"...It's the same thing I'm expressing all the time, but now I can put it into that sentence, that I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends. But I'm likely to be put away as insane for expressing that. That what's insane about it."
* * *
"My education was sorely lacking; the only thing we did learn was fear and hatred, especially of the opposite sex.
As a teenager, all I saw were films where men beat up women. That was tough, that was the thing to do, slap them in the face, treat them rough - Humphrey Bogart and all that jazz. So that's the attitude we're brought up with. It took me a long time to get that out. That isn't reality.
The way I started understanding it was thinking, 'What would happen if I said to Ringo or Paul or George: "Go fetch that. Put the kettle on. Somebody's at the door..."' If you treated your best male friend the way you treat your woman, he'd give you a punch in the face."
- - -
I love him!!
and yes, he did give up smoking... after he and the rest of the Beatles went to India and started meditating and such.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:25:00 PM, Blogger Esperanza Rising said...

good because the whole time i'm thinking..hmmm I could really take this guy seriously if he wasn't holding a cigarette! lol, ok, see ya!

 
At Friday, March 10, 2006 12:12:00 PM, Blogger Polenta said...

Man, he was hott. And yeah, just about the same thing was going through my mind about the smoking thing.

Wish I...
Wish I...
Wish I...
Wish I was going too!
-Jem, Wish I

I LOVE JEM!!

ahem...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home